2010-05-09

I wonder

I've been wondering about singing skill of Mr. Lordi.
No offense, of course, I really like their music. Even there are some songs to which I seldom listen, but anyway, all of their song is catchy, simple, and has proper length. I do not like too much noisy song so much, so, Lordi is one of my favorite bands in this world.

But in same time, I wonder whether Mr. Lordi can sing cleverly in live or not.
Watching Lordi community, Monsterboard, many fans give unstinted praise to his singing voice; for example his voice is sexy, he can sing cleverly and so on. Some of them might watch their live, then, they may really believe Mr. Lordi's singing skill is great. Well, if I will stand in front of their stage in someday, I may be able to believe Mr. Lordi is great singer as many fans praise.

Unfortunately, I have not watched their live yet because I had no time to go to their live when they visited Japan. So, I wish I will go to their live in somewhere in someday.
So, my wonder about Mr. Lordi's singing skill is from some Euro-vision videos in YouTube. Thanks to the quality of those videos, well, his voice was recorded in bad state. But considering about the quality of the videos, I cannot help wondering the volume of Mr. Lordi's voice and his singing skill.

Of course, I do not know anything about music. But we can notice whether musicians can really sing along with band's performance. You must notice if musicians are out of tune, mustn't you? Same with you, I also notice it.
Then, when I watched the videos, I felt I might hear Mr. Lordi was off key several times. And his voice's volume seemed to be not enough.

Making CD, well, musicians can edit their voices and sounds of instruments as they want. So, even if songs in CD seem great, it is never evidence of true skills of musicians. Therefore, I never get excited about Lordi's new album even I will try to get it as soon as I can.

Of course, their value is not only their skills. Lordi is composed of music and their unique concept, so, I favor them with all of their charateristics.
But haha, in same time, I can never expose such opinion in places where eager Lordi fans wander about*laughs* If some of them see my wonder, they must think I insult them.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Vilce here, I finally signed up since I wanted to do that for a year already xD

    Well, as I am not such a mad fan who wants to say that everything the band does, is great, I will express my meaning now about Mr. Lordi's singing voice. Each one of us in the world has two voices - the one we talk with and the one we sing with and they have nothing to do with each other. I have never seen them live, but as much as I see and hear from the videos on youtube, it leaves an impression to me that when singing live, the dear monster lord has difficulties to hold his voice straight. He is more whispering than singing. I come from a musical family where grandmother and mother had been singing in choirs when they were young, so I understand a thing or two about singing.

    I guess it might be due to the mask, because I do not think it is very easy to sing when you have to carry the weight of that mask around with yourself on the stage. And that also might explain the big change which happens when he sings on CD, as they don't wear masks at the studio.
    The other option is far more grey... I have the feeling that when singing on stage, he constantly takes breath after every line he says, and that could, I mean ''could'' not ''is'', be because of his constant smoking.

    But it is good that you posted this here, not on Monsternoard, becasue I can not tell how the other fans would have reacted on it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. (OwO*/~~~hello, Vilce!

    Yeah, I should think about his mask, maybe. But I saw some interviews with him, and it seemed he could speak clearer same with us. So, I guess his mask is different from the others because he's main vocalist of the band. So, I simply think his voice-volume is not enough to sing on stage.

    And on stage, well, it is difficult to revive CD's quality. But singing in front of fans is poor performance, well, fans may be dissapointed.
    Aha, and smoking. It is bad for his throat, I also think*laughs* Even I'm a smoker, but I don't agree with his heavy-smoking.

    Ohh, I was scared at imaging such opinion on MB!*laughs* Even I like the place, but there are many eager fans who attack the others having different opinions without hesitation XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahs, I have seen those interviews, too. Well, if his mask wasn't different, then he would not be able to sing much xD So I think that is just how he sounds when he is singing. It is still better if he sounds growling and hissing than if he had a high voice like some pop-person :D He is the monster, after all xD

    His smoking is not bad only for his throat but also for his lungs. I have no idea how he still can have his normal voice now :D

    MB is a terrible place for expressing your own opinion, because people there only accept what they think themselves XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. First the video of Eurovision isn't the best 'cos their he sing in condition who aren't usual and also 'cos he had a pression who can make sing differently

    I saw him sing live 3 times and it's never really the same (no big difference don't worry), it's there you see the "human"

    He sing very good then did he mistake ? Yes some sometime but that's what make a singer in place of a machine

    He whisper sometime but it's wanted 'cos in the song

    He don't wear a complete mask, it's more latex put on his face then it don't change anything in his way to talk or sing

    When hear him live I didn't had impress to have so much difference with cd or yes one, on cd he sometime whisper and sing at same time, you hear him twice (one as back vocal)when in live it ain't possible

    ReplyDelete